Sunday, October 17, 2010

Vintage is 20 years old? I'm doomed.

I'm struggling with etsy's use of the word 'vintage.'
To an Etsian, vintage labeling would pertain to something 20+ years old. At the age of 27, I am feeling slightly disheartened by this.

I have several things that I remember about 1990. My memories of that year are mostly classified as vintage. According to the dictionary they are –adjective; old-fashioned or obsolete:


I was 7. The proposal for the world wide web was being set into place. The Cold War ended. The Hubble was launched into space.  Milli Vanilli admits to lip-synching. I remember all of those things. They can't be that old. I'M ONLY 27!


I don't know what I'll do when my life is considered antique!


Don't let this little guy fool you. He'll be turning vintage in January.

No comments:

Post a Comment